Friday, April 30, 2010

Welcome!

Well...I hardly know where to start with my new fancy blog. I've toyed with the idea of writing one for awhile now, and just never pulled the trigger. I mean, my life and my brain aren't really that interesting to anyone else. But I sometimes find myself with super fascinating (ahem) insights that just really need an outlet! So I suppose I'll be writing about a variety of things - my kids and the funny, crazy, wonderful, frustrating, or adorable things they do. My wonderful hubby. (He does funny, crazy, wonderful, frustrating, and adorable things, too.) My wacky family. My very very part-time writing job. My terrible luck with selling our house (two years on the market and counting). Politics...because everyone wants to hear what a Republican Bulldog has to say, right?  That's what I thought. And just everyday life as a mom of two little girls. So, consider yourself warned.

So, where to begin? I used to keep a blog that was mainly about Emily and our family. But with this one, I want to talk about all sorts of different things, not just my immediate circle. Sometimes I might write about what we're up to; other times I might be sharing my thoughts on something going on in the world at large. If you don't agree with me - that's fine. But I believe that we can all learn from each other, even when we disagree. Especially when we disagree, perhaps. I also have to dot all my Is and cross all my Ts and assure you that when I have a strong opinion about something (which is pretty often), I'm not personally criticizing anyone who has a different opinion; I'm not even necessarily saying that person is wrong. I'm just sharing my opinions...after all, it's my blog! But I've had trouble from time to time on Facebook with people who don't agree with me and attack me for having a different opinion. That's not my style, and if it's your style, I kindly ask that you go elsewhere with that. I'm happy to approve comments that offer ideas different than my own, but I won't approve ones that are truly mean-spirited or vulgar.

Okay - that's all I have to say for right now, just some general housekeeping business. Next time I'll have something more interesting to talk about. But welcome to my blog, please stop by any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments must be approved before they will appear with this post. Administrator reserves the right to delete any comments as deemed necessary.